26 November 2005

Ants in the Pants

To keep it short and straight to the point: the staff bathroom is infested with ants. Seat protectors do not protect you from the ants who lurk underneath the seat. Before grabbing a wad of toilet paper, you must shake the ants off of the paper and hope there aren't any dead squished ones in the middle or between the folds. They are crawling up the walls, over the tiles, into the toilet, and especially into the sanitary napkin dispenser. I have never been to a school where the student bathroom is almost cleaner than the staff bathroom, but this is the case at my school. It has happened now on several occasions that even an hour after using the restroom I've found an ant crawling up my leg on the outside of my trousers. At the end of the day, some of us say, "I've gotta wash the teaching off of me," but now I can also say, "I've gotta wash the ants off of me." The rats are just as rampant, but thankfully they prefer nasty food scraps to warm bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment